Fazakerley Street, Liverpool, was named to commemorate a nearby piece of land, that was awarded to the Robert de Fazakerley in 1426, along with Spellow House and Spellow Mill and land in Walton.
The land and properties, which amounted to one third of the Walton Estate, were awarded to Robert in lieu of his marriage to Hellin de Walton in 1416.
The road was named together with the adjoining Spellow Place.
The photograph is taken looking down Fazakerley Street with the entrance to Spellow Place approximately half way down the Street on the left.
The second photograph, over the page, is taken further down the Street, at the junction with Spellow Place.
Fazakerley Street, Liverpool 1962
Photograph courtesy of Brian Saville